• Users Online: 128
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
CASE REPORT
Year : 2022  |  Volume : 31  |  Issue : 2  |  Page : 219-221

Conservative management of button battery ingestion using honey in a paediatric patient


Department of Pediatrics, Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, Ebonyi, Nigeria

Correspondence Address:
Dr. Charles Izuchukwu Ikegwuonu
Department of Pediatrics, Alex-Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Nigeria
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/NJM.NJM_193_21

Rights and Permissions

Button battery ingestion is a form of foreign-body ingestion usually seen among children. Its ingestion could be symptom free and sometimes fatal. The interval between swallowing and final destination of the button battery has some clinical importance to its management. This is a case report of an eight-year-old boy, who ingested a 25 mm-sized button battery which was detected in the lower esophagus by a plain X-ray, managed conservatively with honey, and was later passed out of stool after 36 h.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed116    
    Printed12    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded11    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal